The Bullmastiff is a powerful dog breed with a broad wrinkled head and a tapering tail. Alert, strong and protective and with endurance and stamina, the Bullmastiff is a natural guardian of the home and family and will not back down from a fight. He is loving toward his family and normally very gentle, cheerful and calm.
- Country of Origin: Great Britain
- Group: Mastiff, Working
- Height: Males are 25 – 27 inches (63-69 cm); Females are 24 – 26 inches (61-66 cm)
- Weight: 60- 70KG
- Temperament: Protective and alert dog breed who makes a good watch and guard-dog. Devoted and loyal, the Bullmastiff loves human attention. He is tolerant of children. Intelligent, good-natured tempered, extremely powerful. Bullmastiffs can be aggressive with other dogs and are reserved with strangers.
- Colours: Bullmastiffs are usually shades of brindle, fawn or red and some may contain white markings on the chest.
- Coat: Short, smooth and dense.
- Living Environment: A large fenced backyard or the country is preferred. An owner of a Bullmastiff must be a strong, easygoing, confident leader.
- Learning Rate: High, Obedience – Very High, Problem Solving – High